Interview questions for Industrial Engineering Job in Apparel industry
If you work in industrial engineering (IE) department in garments manufacturing industry or wish to work, this writing would help you learn about interviews question and answer. Textile and IPE engineers generally work in industrial engineering department in Apparel industry. These interview questions are given in below collected from Top Garments companies of various positions & covered with answer.
Interview questions for Industrial Engineering Job in Apparel industry:
- What is SMV?
Answer: SMV defined as “Time taken by a standard worker to perform the task with pre-defined conditions”. Standard Worker is who, the potential worker who can give maximum output with best quality & can improve productivity for a specific item & style.
SMV Formula = BASIC TIME + (BASIC TIME × ALLOWANCE)
SMV Calculation For example, Suppose a standard operator takes 1 minute to complete an operation. Let put 15% allowance (Men, M/c & Time)
SMV=1+ (1×.15) Min
= (1+.15) Min
SMV is the sum of SMV for all M/c & Manual operation to complete an item.
- What is efficiency?
Answer: EFFICIENCY defined as ‘’The comparison of what is actually produced or performed with what can be achieved with the same consumption of resources (Men, M/c, Material etc.)’’.
EFFICIENCY = EARNED MINUTE/AVAILABLE MINUTE
EARNED MINUTE = PRODUCTION (PCs) × SMV
AVAILABLE MINUTE = MANPOWER (HELP+OPR) × WORKING TIME (MIN)
Efficiency is expressed as %, it is a ratio, not a number.
- What is production & productivity?
Answer: PODUCTION is the process or procedure where changes of input is tangible by one or more operations and transform into output (goods or services). Production adds value in organization by utilizing resources (Men, Machines, and Materials). Production counts in number.
INPUT → OPERATION → OUTPUT
PRODUCTIVITY is measuring of the efficiency of a person, machine, factory, system, etc., in converting inputs into useful outputs. A productivity measure is expressed in as the ratio of output to inputs used in a production. It is concerned with the effective utilization of resources (input) to produce goods or services (output).
- What are work study, method study & time study?
Answer: Work-study is the systematic examination of the system of carrying activities so as to improve the effective use of resources and to set up standards of performance for the activities being carried out. It is a direct means of raising productivity involving little or no expenses.
System study is the systematic recording and critical path examination of existing and proposed ways of doing work as a means of developing and applying easier and more effective methods and reducing cost. It is a systematic recording and critical examination of ways of doing things in order to make improvement.
Time study is a work measure technique for recording the time of performing a certain specify conditions and for analyzing the data so as to obtain time necessary for an operator to carrying out at a define rate of performance.
- What is work measurement? Write short note on most commonly used work management techniques?
Answer: Work measurement is a technique to measure the performance time of an operator to complete a unique task. By this means we can identify real working time that means value adding process completion time, loss time that means non value adding times during the complete cycle of completing an operation or a series of operation.
There are five widely used work measurement techniques. They are:
- Time study: It is a precise time recording technique & gives rating by determining performance level. In general, it is done with taking cycle time repetitively with stopwatch, after that finding average of those cycle time that means observed time. Finally multiplying it with observed rating gives basic time.
- Synthetic data analysis: It is the vast version of time study. In general, the procedure contains summation of basic time of every step to complete a product or operation. It is an idea to use mostly for product sewing cost measurement as well as doing operation bulletin using pre-determined data from previous study.
- Work sampling: It is a technical process to determine the time spent by an operator to complete a task in which various fragmented work categories are predefined to catch the real time spent on those. A large number of observations can be done over a period of time to make a complete data sheet. In other sense, it is the broad way of synthetic data analysis.
- Predetermined motion time study (PMTS): It is a work measurement technique with precision where basic time calculated using human motion. Human motion is classified in nature & condition at defined performance level. Method time measurement (MTM) is the most commonly used PMTS technique.
- Analytic estimation: It based on estimation from previous data bank as well as experience of real time. Most companies use analytic estimation after making a data bank by previous any kind of work measurement technique. NOTE: Next Part Coming Soon Thanks……