Quality control of Apparel Industry
Garments Quality Control:
Quality control in garments manufacturing is the biggest deal for management, Satisfaction on the bulk production, sample quality /workmanship what observed in garments manufacturing floor matching buyer expectation. Garments Quality requirements meet with correct quality, workmanship and accepted measurement tolerance. Any chaos in quality issue garments manufacturer suffers most. Reporting is the first work of quality controlling then work for solution. Follow SOP in every work is the key quality control.
Importance of Quality control:gh
Quality is the key to successful garments manufacturing. Nowadays Quality demand is very and everyone is very much fashion trend. If a garments factory cannot meet expected quality level they will lose order straightaway and effect in business.
Quality control of Apparel Industry:
It has to do inspections for all rolls as per customer standards & segregate the rolls & properly distribute to cutting as per Shrinkage & shade wise.
Fabrics Quality control Flow:
Roll wise Blanket making
Shade checking of every blanket
Blanket shade grouping
Making shade chart by A, B, C….
Selecting master Roll of every shade
Making shade Band
Submit shade band to buying house
Color continuity/Run card making
Shrinkage, Skew and Distortion test
Pattern is very sensitive and unauthorized person not allowed to edit pattern. It is better to keep plus tendency in all patterns. It also requires making separate patterns by considering shrinkage differences. There must a pattern library with all set of pattern of every style.
- Cutting is an important part in garments to keep standard qualities.
- It must require to keep fabrics relaxation for at least 24 hours. It must roll out all rolls by using fabrics relaxation machines.
- If fabrics are stretch fabrics, it has to handle separately by using smooth steel or plastic Pipe & need to pull the fabrics over that pipe to keep fabrics perfect.
- After laying fabrics, it has to put marker over the fabrics.
- Then, it requires cutting the edge of laying fabrics. Also divide laying fabrics in various big parts & keep at least two hours & then, cut fabrics. It will help to keep garments measurement unique.
- Check fabric quality against approvals (construction /colors/weight/ ect….)
- Maintain shade lots (ensure to match related components eg-collar/cuff)
- Ensure fabric relaxing procedures
- Ensure layering, panel inspection & replacement SOP
- Ensure numbering and bundling, proper storage and transportation procedures.
- Ensure out sourcing (print, EMB, ect….) procedures / SOP is following
- Ensure out sourcing panels been checked 100% and removed / replace defective panels prior to input.
- Ensure SOP follow-up at heat sealing / fusing pasting, ect…..
- Follow up & update cutting control chart.
- Follow key quality controlling points & check at regular intervals /check process & maintain records.
- Provide pattern measurement to sewing QC to make sure before wash measurement and keep record,
- It has to sew perfectly at the time of sewing garments & train operators & inform them about the tolerance.
- Strictly control not to cut by over lock machine.
- Make sure no fraying out due to more handling in sewing line, and set machine layout accordingly.
- Make sure separate pattern set create based on shrinkage as per SOP.
- Make sure wash QC measuring after wash goods batch to batch and keeping record out of tolerance quantity.
- Ensure AQL 1.5 quality standards+ measurements at sewing section (maintain daily records)
- Traffic light system will increase operator quality and productivity
- Make sure keeping record treatment recipe of out of tolerance garments and re-measuring report,
- Send goods to washing shade wise bundle by bundle.
- To keep measurement within tolerance, washing plant has important roles.
- It has to train all washing related personnel & create awareness regarding buyer required wash & measurement tolerance standards.
- They have to work by heart & honestly maintain the recipe & timing. It has to check batch by batch after wash measurement.
- It has to follow buyer wash team given instructions perfectly to maintain wash shade & measurement within tolerance.
- It has to create a team who will measure the garments in key points & then deliver goods.
- Washing plant do not deliver any goods which are out of tolerance. They have to keep goods separately whose are out of tolerance.
- Later, they have to rework with the garments which are out of tolerance & then deliver goods.
- Make sure not to pass out of tolerance garments in to the finishing section by washing QC.
- All loose thread will be trimmed
- Ironing/Pressing should be smooth, no crease mark is acceptable
- Right ticketing and proper placement must be ensured
- Check & update packing /packaging accessories inventories in advance
- Ensure measurement accuracy
- Ensure packing method ,trims accuracy
- Ensure packaging accuracy / ctn audit
- Maintain AQL 2.5 quality standard at packing section (conduct daily inspections & advise reports)